The BIG Give Nonprofit Awards
Do you have a Development Team that excels in what they do? It’s time to honor that excellence and nominate them for The BIG Give Nonprofit Awards. This year, we are pleased to announce that I Live Here I Give Here will be awarding two nonprofits who excel in innovative and effective donor relations. The Nonprofit Awards are a unique opportunity to honor Central Texas Development Teams that compel donors to get involved and give again.
The RetailMeNot Large Nonprofit Award is presented to a local large nonprofit and is accompanied by a $5,000 unrestricted cash prize courtesy of RetailMeNot.
The K Friese + Associates Small Nonprofit Award is presented to a local small nonprofit and is accompanied by a $2,500 unrestricted cash prize courtesy of K Friese + Associates.
These awards will honor two nonprofit organizations based on their entire donor relations plan but with specific emphasis on new donor retention. This year, 39% of all donations received through Amplify Austin Day were first-time donations to that organization. We want to know how you are stewarding those new donors. How do you communicate the impact of their gift? How do you illustrate the good their dollars are doing? How do you convert them into recurring givers?
This is a unique opportunity to recognize how you are working with those who support your mission as well as placing a spotlight on your behind-the-scenes Development staff that works hard to demonstrate the impact of a donor’s gift!
Nonprofits that best meet the following criteria will be selected to move to the next round:
- The nonprofit has a process in place to acknowledge gifts in a timely manner.
- The acknowledgment is meaningful and communicates the impact of the contribution.
- The nonprofit uses innovative and diverse techniques to communicate with donors.
- The nonprofit has not won a BIG Give Nonprofit Award in the past three years.
- Nonprofit organizations with an Operational Budget of over $500,000 are eligible for the RetailMeNot Large Nonprofit Award and organizations with an Operational Budget of $500,000 or under are eligible for the K Friese + Associates Small Nonprofit Award.
Take advantage of this opportunity to put your Development team in the spotlight and honor them with the recognition they deserve!
Nominations will close at 5pm on July 19, 2017.
Finalists for both The RetailMeNot Large Nonprofit Award and The K Friese + Associates Small Nonprofit Award will be selected and the winners will be announced at The BIG Give on Friday, September 8 at the Hotel Van Zandt in downtown Austin.