Nomination Deadline May 17, 2017.
We are calling on our I Live Here I Give Here member nonprofits to nominate an exemplary donor for recognition as The BIG Giver. The BIG Give is the annual event that brings Austin together to celebrate giving back while having a great time! Each year we recognize one BIG Giver, an individual philanthropist making a BIG impact on an organization. The honoree will be highlighted in a piece in the Statesman.
This year we are celebrating all things local – giving local, eating local, bidding local with a silent auction showcasing Austin’s finest. The event will be held on Friday, September 8, 2017.
2017 Big Giver!
We are looking to honor this year’s local philanthropist who has made a BIG impact on your organization. What makes a BIG Giver? Our objective is to challenge the stereotype of a philanthropist and the idea that the BIG Giver is only someone whose name is on a building or contributing large gifts. We are looking for someone who is relatable to the emerging donor and inspire them to give back to our local community. Do you have a supporter who:
- Had an innovative approach to raise funds for your organization?
- Inspired a group of colleagues to support your organization?
- Impacted the lives of those you serve in a special, unique way or who changed how your organization operates?
In order to be eligible:
- This person MUST give personal contributions at a level meaningful to them.
- Be 18 years of age.
- May be someone who gives his or her time and talent, but MUST also give financially, personally (not solely through family or company foundations).
- MUST be able to speak on behalf of the organization that he/she supports.
- MUST be able to speak about the personal benefit he/she receives from their philanthropy.
- Nominating Organization MUST be a partner organization of I Live Here I Give Here with current dues updated.
- Nominating Organization can not have had a winner in the past 2-3 years.
Christine Herlin — Christine@ILiveHereIGiveHere.org or (512) 717-4197.